Eye Doctor in Omaha, NE
Your trusted eye doctors and eye care experts in Omaha, providing comprehensive eye exams to ensure optimal eye health and vision in patients of all ages.
Welcome to Omaha Primary EyeCare, where we believe that healthy eyes are essential to living a healthy life. Our comprehensive eye exams in Elkhorn, NE are designed to detect and diagnose any potential vision problems, eye diseases, and other health issues that may affect your eyes.
Comprehensive eye exam in Omaha, NE
During our comprehensive eye exam, we will perform a series of tests to evaluate your eye health and ensure that your eyes are functioning well as a team. We’ll also use advanced diagnostic equipment and technology to check for signs of eye diseases and other conditions. Additionally, we’ll examine your eye’s external and internal structures to look for any abnormalities or irregularities that may impact your eye health.
Tests may include the following:
- Visual acuity to assess the sharpness of your vision.
- Visual fields test to determine if you have peripheral vision issues or blind spots.
- Refraction to determine your eyeglass prescription, utilizing a phoropter.
- Slit lamp exam to detect eye disease and to assess your eye health.
- A glaucoma test, otherwise known as tonometry, to measure the pressure within your eye.
- Dilation of the pupils to examine the optic nerve, retina, and blood vessels may be recommended. At Omaha Primary EyeCare, we also offer a special test called the Optomap® retinal exam, which is a digital image of the retina produced by Optos scanning laser technology.
After the exam, our eye doctor can recommend the best possible treatment for any issues that they may have found during the exam. They will develop a personalized treatment plan which may include prescription eyewear, contact lenses, or referrals to specialists if necessary. We’ll also provide you with tips on how to maintain good eye health between visits.
What are the benefits of comprehensive eye exams?
Comprehensive eye exams have numerous benefits that go beyond just evaluating your vision. Here are some of the benefits of comprehensive eye exams:
Detecting eye diseases early
Comprehensive eye exams can detect early signs of eye diseases, often before you have symptoms. Early detection and treatment can help prevent permanent damage to your vision.
Refractive errors, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism, can only be diagnosed with a comprehensive eye exam. Your optometrist in Omaha, NE, can then determine the lens strength needed for your prescription and prescribe contact lenses or eyeglasses.
Preventing eye strain and discomfort
Computer vision syndrome and dry eye syndrome are common eye-related issues that can cause discomfort and eye strain. Comprehensive eye exams can identify these and other related conditions, and our eye doctors can recommend treatments and lifestyle changes to help alleviate symptoms.
Identifying general health issues
Our eye doctor in Omaha, NE, can also identify general health issues that you may not be aware of during a comprehensive eye exam. By examining your eyes, your eye doctor can look for hidden signs of diseases that affect other parts of the body. They can diagnose chronic medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. Detecting these conditions early can lead to prompt treatment and better outcomes for your overall health.
Monitoring changes in vision
Regular comprehensive eye exams can track changes in your vision over time. Based on the results of your exam, our doctor can make adjustments to your eyeglasses or contact lens prescription to make sure you’re seeing your best.
What issues can our optometrist in Omaha detect?
During a comprehensive eye exam, our eye doctors can diagnose a wide range of vision problems, eye diseases, and other health issues that may affect your eyes. Here are some of the issues our optometrist can detect during a comprehensive eye exam:
- Refractive errors such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism
- Eye movement disorders that can cause double vision or difficulty tracking moving objects
- Eye alignment problems like crossed or wandering eyes
- Dry eye syndrome
- Computer vision syndrome or digital eye strain
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Age-related macular degeneration
How often should you get a comprehensive eye exam?
While we generally recommend an eye exam once every two years for adults, some patients may require more frequent visits based on their age, medical history, and other risk factors. For example, if you wear contact lenses or have a family history of eye disease, our eye doctors may want to see you more often to ensure your eyes stay healthy.
Children should have their first comprehensive eye exam at six months of age, again at three years old, and once more before kindergarten. The frequency of eye exams for children will depend on their overall health, any vision problems, or other risk factors. If your child needs to wear glasses or contact lenses to see clearly, they should see an eye doctor once a year. These exams allow us to make sure your child’s prescription is up-to-date and that their eyes are healthy.
Why choose Omaha Primary EyeCare?
- Comprehensive eye care: Our expert team is dedicated to meeting all your eye care needs and ensuring your vision is at its best. Along with routine eye exams and contact lens exams, we also offer a variety of specialized eye care services, including dry eye treatment, LASIK consultations and pre- and post-operative care, and myopia management services.
- Specialty contact lenses: We offer a wide range of specialty contact lenses for individuals who can’t wear standard contact lenses comfortably. Even if you’ve been told in the past that you can’t wear contact lenses, we may be able to help!
- Personalized care: We believe in providing individualized care to each patient. Our doctors take the time to understand your unique vision requirements and provide tailored solutions that prioritize your eye health.
- Extensive eyewear selection: We offer a wide range of designer eyewear at our optical in Elkhorn to meet a variety of styles and visual needs.
Schedule an exam today in Elkhorn!
Ensure the health and clarity of your vision by scheduling a comprehensive eye exam with Omaha Primary EyeCare today.