Emergency Eye Care
Our optometrists at Omaha Primary EyeCare are available to help you when urgent eye care needs arise. Our doctors understand that unexpected situations happen and are available to assist you in emergencies.
Please contact the office at (402) 383-0780
When do you need emergency eye care?
If you are experiencing acute eye issues of any kind, it is important to see an eye doctor right away. Because emergency eye problems can range from mild to severe and escalate quickly, it is wise to see an eye doctor sooner rather than later in these situations. Neglecting to see an emergency eye doctor may lead to serious or potentially permanent consequences for your eyes. Use your best judgment, as some eye emergencies warrant a trip to the emergency room.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, contact our office right away:
- Eye discharge
- Sudden change in vision
- Loss of vision, double vision, or blurry vision
- Irregular eye movement
- Itchy, red, or bloodshot eyes
- Extreme sensitivity to light
- Burning or stinging sensation in the eyes
- Bruising or bleeding around the eyes
Eye infections, corneal defects, damage to the retina, or having an object stuck in your eye can all contribute to these issues. Take these steps to avoid making the problem worse:
- Wash your hands to help avoid spreading infection if the problem is contagious.
- Do not attempt to remove something stuck in your eye.
- Avoid touching your eyes, which can cause increased irritation.
Do not drive or operate machinery if your vision is impaired.
Emergency eye care services at Omaha Primary EyeCare
If you suspect you need emergency eye care, do not wait. Please contact the office at (402) 383-0780